Luke Burgess's Blog
We are testing,
TuioPad app for mobile devices
Touch Screen Monitor
Our initial results are that the TuioPad is counter-intuitive and very difficult to use.
The mouse still seems to be the best input/pointing device.
My progress this week was to get the EdgeTable working on the Boot Camp version on my MacBook pro. I did make significant progress until I ran into a roadblock installing Open CV.
Get back to me! esp..Asha and Andrew
Lets keep moving forward!!
My intention is to eventually be able to run Visual Studio on my MAC utilizing the InteracTable source and solution!
Also install/run other PC based programs. If anyone has experience with this please let me know.
Jordan and I attempted to compile the source code and we both received the same error.
Unable to open project file.
"C:\!TFS\InteracTable - Demo Branch\KinectMultiTouch\KinectMultiTouch\KinectMultiTouch.csproj : error : The project file 'C:\!TFS\InteracTable - Demo Branch\KinectMultiTouch\KinectMultiTouch\KinectMultiTouch.csproj' cannot be opened.
The project type is not supported by this installation."
It's possible that, during the installation, that the Visual C# 2008 distributable that we could either "remove" or "repair" (we selected repair) is causing this issue.
It's also possible that Forest and Lauren's installation "just works" and the documentation is flawed.
It seems as I have taken on the leadership role, or as Jon Schull calls it 'Cat Wrangler'. I will be checking in with everyone periodically to make sure they are on track, have any questions or whatnot.
I will be contacting Wes from Canvas Drawings with Web Sockets and learning about that:
Any questions contact me.
We connected to both our machines and were able to collaborate.
We then put together a presentation in Google Docs.
After all was said and done we used Team Viewer and Jordan gave me a brief introduction to Visual Studio.
The install of Visual Basic completed sometime during the night. I was not able to launch it before I left the house this morning. I will be connecting with Jordan tonight to continue working with Visual Basic.
- I have printed and Signed the NDA,
- I worked with Jordan and downloaded Visual Studio, it is still installing now(more than an hour already)
- I will check the progress before leaving in the morning
- Jordan and I attempted to connect two systems to the InteracTable.
- Jordan posted the results here
- We still are awaiting the source code from Forrest
- Sign the NDA and send to Jon, with cc to Forrest
- Get source code from Forrest
- Work with Jordan to ...
- Get it to compile (Visual Studio, XNA)
- Try to figure out Networking Protocol (NP)?
- Try to document and create "test harness" for NP
- Be prepared to interrogate Forrest and Lorin Wed afternoon (when the above steps have failed)